On Monday night we played the Annual Summer Tiki Party at Spikes, a Rockabilly venue east of downtown LA.
It was an interesting place. You access it through the back door. From the front it looks like an abandoned building next to a vacant lot.
It had a Vegas style sparkly backdrop and great dancefloor.
It was more of a rockabilly crowd this night, with a few SG101 people scattered about.
This was originally the last gig of the tour, but at the last minute we were invited to play with Surfer Joe in Huntington Beach the next night.
I’m back in Australia, but the gigs continue:
- Sat 24th Aug – Charles Hotel, Perth – www.charleshotel.com.au
- Fri 30th Aug – Basement Discs Instore (12.45pm), Melbourne – www.basementdiscs.com.au
- Sat 31st Aug – Caravan Club, Melbourne – www.caravanmusic.com.au
- Sun 1st Sep – The Evelyn Hotel (afternoon show), Melbourne – www.evelynhotel.com/
- Sat 7th Sep – Bridge Hotel, Sydney
- Sun 24th Nov – Bond University, Gold Coast – www.bond.edu.au