Last night we played on the Cousin Mary Radio show on KFJC.org. This is a college radio station that has a legacy of supporting surf music way back to 1965. The program was started by Phil Dirt and taken over by Mary when he retired a few years ago.
It was great to finally meet Phil in person after talking over email for so many years.
[Myself with Cousin Mary and Phil Dirt]
We played a 45 minute set that was simulcast and webcast.
After that I had a chat on air to Mary.
This afternoon we’re playing at the Forbidden Island tiki bar which is going to be a lot of fun. Also playing are 3 Balls of Fire & Trivalve. The bands start at 2pm.
This is our last gig in San Francisco, so if you’re in the area come down and say hi.
Gigs coming up:
- Wed Aug 7th – Redwood – www.theredwoodbar.com
- Thurs Aug 8th – Pike – www.pikelongbeach.com
- Fri Aug 9th – Purple Orchid – 221 Richmond St El Segundo, CA 90245
- Sat Aug 10th – SG101 convention – The Starting Gate – http://surfguitar101.com
- Sun Aug 11th – Huntington Beach Pier Plaza – www.surfingmuseum.org
- Mon Aug 12th – Spikes – http://spikes-bar.com