After the Huntington Beach Pier show we moved onto Don the Beachcombers for some fine food and the SG101 jam night.
It’s a great opportunity for everyone to relax and hang out after the convention.
[Myself, Janette, Insect Surfer Dave & John Miller (Linda’s husband)]
The bass player from Japanese band The El Caminos got up with Paul Johnson for a few of his songs, including his own Mr Moto.
Ivan joined us on lead for Bombora.
Big Wave Dave (Bro Daddy) got up with Lorenzo and I for a few of my songs.
Then Maxx joined us for a version of Pipeline.
At the end the El Caminos did a set by request.
Afterwards we returned to Don’s for a well earned rest.
I’m back in Australia, but the gigs continue:
- Sat 24th Aug – Charles Hotel, Perth – www.charleshotel.com.au
- Fri 30th Aug – Basement Discs Instore (12.45pm), Melbourne – www.basementdiscs.com.au
- Sat 31st Aug – Caravan Club, Melbourne – www.caravanmusic.com.au
- Sun 1st Sep – The Evelyn Hotel (afternoon show), Melbourne – www.evelynhotel.com/
- Sat 7th Sep – Bridge Hotel, Sydney
- Sun 24th Nov – Bond University, Gold Coast – www.bond.edu.au