The next day we packed up and left for our drive back to San Francisco.
We decided to take the longer scenic way, through Malibu and along the coast. Some amazing houses there.
On the way we stopped at Carmel, in Monterey, for what turned out to be one of the highlights of the tour. Rumble Seat Music.
This guitar shop has only opened recently in this location, but already has a reputation for some pretty interesting stock.
I had the pleasure of playing not one but TWO original late fifties Gibson Explorer guitars.
These are the rarest of the rare, there were only ever 18 made.
I also checked out one of the best examples I’ve ever seen of a 1959 Gibson Les Paul.
After the guitar shop I joined Lloyd and Janette for a drink at the local inn where every table had a very posh doggy bowl.
That night we stayed in Santa Barbara and had a fabulous Japanese meal.
I’m back in Australia, but the gigs continue:
- Sat 24th Aug – Charles Hotel, Perth – www.charleshotel.com.au
- Fri 30th Aug – Basement Discs Instore (12.45pm), Melbourne – www.basementdiscs.com.au
- Sat 31st Aug – Caravan Club, Melbourne – www.caravanmusic.com.au
- Sun 1st Sep – The Evelyn Hotel (afternoon show), Melbourne – www.evelynhotel.com/
- Sat 7th Sep – Bridge Hotel, Sydney
- Sun 24th Nov – Bond University, Gold Coast – www.bond.edu.au