We arrived at The Apollo in Helsinki late Friday afternoon for a sound check.
After soundcheck we had a meet and greet with some Finnish fans and signed some albums and posters. It was great to meet so many fans and get to know the Finnish ways. Instrumental (surf music) is very popular in Finland with many local instrumental bands on the scene.
On the way from Helsinki to Nastola we called by to see what is possibly the largest private collection of instro records anywhere in the world.
[L-R Lloyd, Haydn & Jim]
It was a pleasure to be part of the 2013 Instrumental Musick Festival Finland. This festival would have to be the largest festival of its kind anywhere in the world. All bands were perfect in this setting. The sound and production was excellent.
[Photo courtesy Gabor Lovasi]
One highlight was a young Finish band “The RoadRunners” who are leading the way in instro music. They looked and sounded great and will appeal to the younger audience. They also played a great version of The Atlantics song “Point Zero” in their set.
I wish there could be many more instro festivals like this. The audience was so responsive.
This is the view from our room backstage at the festival.
We visited an artist on way back to Helsinki.
Now we fly back to Italy for more shows.
Our next gigs:
- Monday 1 July 2013 – Parco Ranghiasci – Italy – Gubbio
- Wednesday 3 July 2013 – Forte Prenestino – Italy – Roma
- Thursday 4 July 2013 – Kingston Club – Italy – Caserta
- Friday 5 July 2013 – Eucaliptus Beach – Italy – Pineto (TE)
- Saturday 6 July 2013 – Beat Cafe – Italy – San Salvo Marina
- Thursday 11th July – Bat City – Athens, Greece